Monday, January 24, 2011

Testing Out the Furniture

 Hello out there...... We are stuck in the house due to more snow in eastern NC, so it was the perfect excuse to work some more on the wallpaper. I had done all of the papering except for the master bedroom and the attic.  There is still a ton of trim to put on, but I think I am going to have to order some more. I have also got to find a way to trim between the floors in the stair well. 

 I finished the wallpapering in the house and I couldn't wait to see what my furniture would look like in the house.  It has been too cold to stain the floor pieces so I will have to wait to put that in. I know that I need some more hardwood flooring as well.  I am using red oak, but I am going to stain and varnish it.

The sewing room side of the attic. If you know me at all, you know there will have to be a sewing room in any house I build.  
The pink room- no hardwood floors yet!


A view of the rooms in the upstairs.  I have not put the floors in and I am going to need to order more trim.  This has been such a learning process!   


Master Bedroom- It looks like a lot of furniture in this room.  I may have to edit a little bit.  I have been collecting for so long!  I may just have to make another house or some room boxes to use some of my pieces that don't fit.  I did make the coverings for the bed.  I started with a fabric coverlet trimmed in lace, but I found a doily that was the perfect size for spread.  I tried it and loved the effect!  I made the pillows that came with the bed a little smaller and trimmed them with lace that matches the bedspread.  This was my first "custom" item for my house and I was sort of pleased with my self.  Each room will have to be cleared so that I can install the lighting, the trim and the curtains, but I am am so happy with what I have in my house at this point.  See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment